hungerhub Canada Inc.
Last modified: July 1, 2019
Effective date: July 1, 2019
If you have questions or concerns regarding our policy or practices, please contact our privacy officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the following address:
20 Camden Street
If you do not receive acknowledgment of your inquiry or your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you can contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at:
112 Kent Street,
Ottawa Ontario, K1A 1H3
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Collection of information at registration
Registration may be required to use certain features of the hungerhub Web Portal. As part of this registration, we will require that you submit certain information that is relevant to the purposes of the hungerhub Web Portal. We collect the following information (“Personal Information”) from our subscriber’s registration information: first and last name, email address, delivery address, phone number(optional) and password.
Collection of information when you use the hungerhub Web Portal
When you use the hungerhub Web Portal, we may automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or device and your activities including but not limited to:
- the IP address of your computer;
- the unique mobile device identifier;
- technical information about your computer or mobile device such as the type of device, mobile device identification number, web browser, other browser information (e.g., size, connection speed and connection type), and operating system or platform;
- your preferences and settings (time zone, language, etc.); and
- your internet provider or mobile carrier name.
- Collection through interaction with the hungerhub Web Portal
We may collect your Personal Information when you communicate it to us by using one of our web forms or other interactions with the hungerhub Web Portal, by email or chat, or by any other means of communication.
We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage and application data caches and cookies.
“Traffic Data” is collected by the hungerhub Web Portal and our third-party traffic analysis provider through the use of software that is included on the hungerhub Web Portal as well as cookies that are stored temporarily on your computer. Together, these technologies help us manage our content by identifying which content is effective.
Cookies are small data files that are stored on a subscriber’s computer for record-keeping purposes. Cookies track where you travel on the hungerhub Web Portal and what you look at. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser. When you log into the hungerhub Web Portal, your browser may ask if you want it to remember you as a registered subscriber of the hungerhub Web Portal. If you accept, the session ID becomes a persistent cookie, which remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. Although cookies are used by most major websites and are accepted by default by most web browsers, it may be possible to disable cookies via your browser settings.
We use session cookies and usage data to make it possible to navigate the secure environment inside the hungerhub Web Portal and to keep, and periodically track, information about you for the purpose of creating a personalized web experience and improving the hungerhub Web Portal or measuring and conveying to others the performance levels of the hungerhub Web Portal. We may link the information we store in cookies to any personally identifiable information you submit while on the hungerhub Web Portal. This is for the purpose of creating a personalized experience within the hungerhub Web Portal, to assist hungerhub in understanding its users and subscribers, to design improvements to the hungerhub Web Portal, and for the purpose of collecting usage and performance metrics.
Online and Mobile Advertising
Use of analytics tools
When you access the hungerhub Web Portal using a web browser or other application, we may gather and store certain types of information including: traffic data from your browser, your IP address, location, GPS signals sent by a mobile device, cookie information, and the pages you visit on the hungerhub Web Portal. Traffic data is helpful in identifying and fixing problems with the hungerhub Web Portal.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company will not use or disclose Personal Information for purposes other than the identified purposes of the hungerhub Web Portal. We may use your Personal Information (defined above) to:
- provide customer service and support, administrative messages, resolve disputes, and troubleshoot problems including helping third-party service providers fulfil their functions;
- fulfill your requests for certain features of the hungerhub Web Portal or referrals to third-party service providers;
- customize, measure, and improve the hungerhub Web Portal, including without limitation, learning about user preferences and clause preferences;
- offer or provide you with products and services including providing you information relating to receipts, technical notices, updates, and security alerts;
- inform you of targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers unless you opt out;
- assist us to measure our performance and to share performance information with others;
- to use and disclose such data to our community, with other data on the hungerhub platform, in an anonymous form in connection with research and development, the creation of hungerhub proprietary data, and analytical tools;
- comply with legal or regulatory requirements (as described below); and
- fulfill other purposes, subject to your explicit consent.
We may share personal information or feedback with affiliates, third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work for us. We may share your first name and comments or feedback with third-parties. We will not tie any other information, other than your first name, that can identify you to your comments or feedback. However, third-parties may be able to tell who you are from your comments, particularly if you provide your full name or your contact information in the comments. We may also disclose your information in an anonymous form to third-parties for the purpose of research and development, building our own proprietary data, and building further analytical tools.
Provided you have consented to us doing so, we may share personal information with our affiliate legal service providers.
Acquisition of the Company
In the event that the Company, or all or a portion of our business, or one or more of its divisions, is acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation, liquidation or another similar transaction, your Personal Information shall be one of the transferred assets.
We may retain your Personal Information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we need it for purposes not prohibited by applicable laws and subject to the provisions in our Terms.
Legally Compelled Disclosures
Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company reserves the right (and you authorize the Company) to share or disclose your Personal Information when the Company determines, at its sole discretion, that the disclosure of such information is necessary or appropriate:
- to investigate or respond to suspected illegal or fraudulent activity or to protect the safety, rights, or property of us, our users, or others;
- to prevent prohibited or illegal activities; or
- when required by any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena, or other legal process.
DISCLOSURE OF PAYMENT CARD INFORMATION
To use certain services on the hungerhub Web Portal, we may require your credit card account information. By submitting your credit card account information through the hungerhub Web Portal, you expressly consent to sharing of your information with third-party payment processors, other third-party service providers, and applicable businesses.
CONSENT AND PRIVACY SETTINGS
By providing us your email address, you expressly consent and agree to receive emails and notifications from hungerhub (and other hungerhub users such as lawyers or experts that have contributed to hungerhub), for the purposes of, including without limitation: service updates, surveys, newsletters, promotional offers, and marketing to the email address provided by you.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION AND INDIVIDUAL ACCESS
The Company relies on you to ensure that the Personal Information you enter into our system is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. You may make changes or corrections to your Personal Information at any time.
When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request. Unless required by law, we may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical. Where we can provide information access and correction, and when required by law, we will do so for free.
We also make every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information in our reports, displays, articles and support queries. However, you must verify all information created from your use of the hungerhub Web Portal. We recommend that you consult a professional before completing any government or regulatory filing or otherwise relying upon the information, as the use of this information is at your own risk. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you have entered into our system is accurate, reliable and complete.
THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
We may share your Personal Information with service providers who help us to run our operations or to otherwise fulfill your request or as required by law. Our service providers are restricted from using your Personal Information in any way other than for the service they are providing. We ensure that such third parties maintain reasonable and appropriate safeguards.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
In addition, we restrict unauthorized access through protective policies, procedures, and technical measures, including:
- providing reasonable physical and electronic safeguards with regard to the storage of Personal Information;
- limiting access to your Personal Information to those employees or contractors who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs; and
- governing employees and other contractors by strict standards and policies to ensure that Personal Information is secure and treated with the utmost care and respect.
Please note that no data transmission over the internet or otherwise can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
If you have a security related concern, please contact us at the contact details provided above. We will work closely with you to ensure a quick and personal response to your concerns.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you of that development. If a notification is appropriate, we may notify you by the email address registered to your account.
We will never send email messages to customers requesting confidential information such as passwords, credit card numbers, or social security or social insurance numbers. Please do not act on any such emails as you may compromise your Personal Information by replying or by following links to a fraudulent website and in the case that you do act on such emails, we shall not be liable for any damages or costs you have incurred for such acts.